From AOC's Green New Deal:
(A) The Plan for a Green New Deal (and the draft legislation) shall be developed with the objective of reaching the following outcomes within the target window of 10 years from the start of execution of the Plan:
Free Market Green Deal:
Restore liberty so the success of ending the Federal communications monopoly (1982) can be repeated in power and transportation. Climate Change will go the way of rotary telephone within 4 years of ending the Federal transportation monopoly.
- Dramatically expand existing renewable power sources and deploy new production capacity with the goal of meeting 100% of national power demand through renewable sources;
- building a national, energy-efficient, “smart” grid;
- “smart” grids are local. Markets will determine if a "national grid" is needed once communities become energy self-reliant;
Thomas Edison noted what is practical 1910, and it was well underway to being achieved until the New Deal wiped out the renewable industry in 1935:
- upgrading every residential and industrial building for state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety;
- remove Federal subsidies and most residential and industrial building will adopt state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety out of economic self-interest;
- eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacturing, agricultural and other industries, including by investing in local-scale agriculture in communities across the country;
- solar-powered mobility networks produce no greenhouse gas emissions and will be the catalyst for manufacturing, agricultural and other industries to mimic their cost savings;
- eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from, repairing and improving transportation and other infrastructure, and upgrading water infrastructure to ensure universal access to clean water;
- no greenhouse gas emissions are produced by solar-powering transportation, other infrastructures will mimic those cost savings. Punish those who sell substandard water;
- funding massive investment in the drawdown of greenhouse gases;
- greenhouse gases are a waste products of Federal monopolies that add to costs at the expense of profits. Private capital will fund converting $1.7 trillion/year of traffic costs and pollution into jobs, customer savings, and profits once liberty is restored;
"What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not but that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed? What farmer or manufacturer will lay himself out for the encouragement given to any particular cultivation or establishment, when he can have no assurance that his preparatory labors and advances will not render him a victim to an inconstant government? In a word, no great improvement or laudable enterprise can go forward which requires the auspices of a steady system of national policy."
- making “green” technology, industry, expertise, products and services a major export of the United States, with the aim of becoming the undisputed international leader in helping other countries transition to completely greenhouse gas neutral economies and bringing about a global Green New Deal.
- restore liberty to innovate so American “green” technology, industry, expertise, products and services are a major export of the United States, with the aim of becoming the undisputed international leader in changing economic lifeblood from oil to ingenuity.